Bridging Finance is short term funding secured on residential, student and commercial property and land with planning consent. Funds raised may be used to acquire (or re finance) assets or for any legal purpose. Repayment of the funding is by either sale or re finance of the asset.
Residential, Student, Commercial, Land with Planning Consent (Outline or Full).
Benefit to Property Developers
Commonly sourced by property developers to acquire assets which require a change to, or amendment of, a planning consent, with repayment via re finance with a Development Finance facility. In this scenario it is prudent to source the Bridging Finance from a lender that also offers Development Finance; thus avoiding the hassle and costs of re financing to another lender.
Benefits to Property Investors
Up to 75% LTV (potentially 100% of purchase price for undervalue transactions) depending upon asset type, location, source of repayment etc.
- Interest from 6-15% PA, depending upon LTV, asset type, location, borrower covenant, source of repayment, term, lender policy etc. + lending fees.
- Interest may be retained, rolled up or serviced (subject to lender policy and underwriting).
England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland (limited availability), Republic of Ireland (limited availability in an emerging market for some UK based lenders).
- Sole traders, partnerships, LLP’s, Ltd Co’s and offshore vehicles.
- Where the borrower is to be an offshore vehicle full disclosure and audit of the directors and beneficial owners is required.
- 1st Legal Charge or 2nd legal Charge.
- Debenture (incorporated borrowers).
- Personal or Corporate Guarantees (incorporated borrowers - as a norm). The amount any type of Guarantees vary from full debt to a percentage of debt.
From prime (full underwriting of borrower and asset) to non – status (underwriting of asset only) and much in between.
At Optima we broker Bridging Finance from £500k to £Multi M.